Foot pain is never normal. Bearing the brunt of your entire body’s weight, when your feet ache, your entire body aches. With proper diagnosis and treatment, most foot and ankle problems can be treated successfully. We strive to enhance overall body function and mechanics, not only at the level of the foot.
What is Chiropody?
The most common question is how do you pronounce the word “Chiropody”? To break it down easier, the word can be pronounced: ker-raw-pody.
The field of Chiropody is essentially healing of the feet with the hands by conservative, biomechanical and surgical means. We are a registered profession governed by the Ontario College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
Basic Foot Care
- Nail care/reduction
- Stubborn fungal toenails that require Laser
- Callus reduction
- Corn enucleation
- Plantar wart removal (anti viral medications or Laser available)
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Permanent ingrown nail surgeries (partial and total ingrowns)
Foot Wound Management
- Wound debridement, dressings and off-loading footwear
Oral and topical prescription writing products
- Custom made orthotics
- Orthopedic shoes and sandals
- Creams for dry skin of the feet
- Diabetic socks (specially designed to be non-constrictive and comfortable)
- Foot and toe splints for hammer toes, claw toes and other toe deformities
- Products to minimize excessive foot odour and moisture
- Compression stockings for men and women
- We are able to custom order other foot related products. Please ask for more details.
Laser technology is available for those suffering from foot pain due to plantar fasciitis, heel pain or metatarsalgia.
We also offer Laser for those who have fungal toenails and stubborn plantar warts that will not go away. Typically, plantar warts that have been treated with numerous liquid nitrogen applications and over-the-counter medications (with limited results) will be susceptible to the effects of Laser.
In conjunction with Laser and topical medications, early stage fungus infections can be eradicated with minimal treatments. Chronic and late stage fungal infections may require more treatments. In order to determine if you are a candidate for Laser, please book an assessment with the Chiropodist.