The Orillia Foot Clinic & Wellness Centre was established in 2001 as an independent private practice. As time passed we saw a need to expand our services and not only concentrate on the feet. By including other professional health care practitioners we are able to offer services that address the rest of the body as well. Thus the “wellness” component became a reality.
The scope of practice for Chiropodists includes:
- Diabetic foot care
- Diabetic foot assessments
- Wound management
- Orthotic therapy
- Biomechanical assessments
- Laser therapy- fungal toenails, warts and scar tissue
- Therapeutic laser for heel pain, general foot pain and plantar fasciitis
- Treatment of nail pathologies (ingrown, gryphosis, chauxic, fungal)
- Treatment of callosities, Helomas, Verruca, etc.
- Nail surgeries
- Prescription writing privileges (limited)